Because of Covid-19 we’ve seen the unprecedented acceleration of digital adoption & innovation, offering organisations new opportunities to engage with their customers as they build a digital business.
This isn’t without risk as relationships can become more transactional & unless they also transform to be customer-centric they risk losing relevance with their customers.
In 2018 Gartner examined the habits of leading customer-centric organisations:
1. Continuously listening to customers;
2. Consistently following-up with customers on their feedback;
3. Acting proactively to anticipate needs;
4. Building customer empathy into processes & policies;
5. Respecting customer privacy;
6. Sharing knowledge internally & with customers;
7. Motivating employees to stay engaged;
8. Acting systematically to improve the customer experience;
9. Creating accountability for customer experience improvements;
10. Adapting to customer demands & circumstances in real time.
Are these habits even more important?